Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Seriously, I Have Issues

Today I'm wondering what is wrong with me?

Get this. I woke up ON MY OWN at 5:30 this morning. I figured I would lay in bed until 6 or so and then get up and go for a swim. Only, that didn't happen. I cuddled with the kitty (who has determined that the best way to get fed in the morning is to be snuggly and purry. MUCH more effective than standing on the headboard screaming at us, which was his previous m.o.) and kept checking my clock. Then I fell back asleep and woke up at 6:25. Still time to get up and go, right? Yes.

But then I fell back asleep and finally got up too late to go to the gym or to walk to work.

I'm having a major mental block involving rolling out of bed in the mornings. Once I am OUT of the bed, putting in my contacts and getting ready to go, I'm fine. I'm even better than fine because then I go work out and I have endorphins and I feel proud of myself for working out.

This is my pledge to you: THURSDAY! FRIDAY! SATURDAY! I will be out of bed and at the gym in the morning. In fact the first thing I will do when I log on my computer in the morning is come on here and check in and let you know what I did.

Hmmm, that's not a bad idea. Maybe I should do that every day. If I have to actually tell someone about it (other than Jason and the cat) then that should motivate me to not slack off. Keep me accountable, my friends!

On the up side, eating has been stellar this week. Many people say it's 80% about the food, so at least I'm 80% on target. And that's not bad.

2 comments:

Andrea@WellnessNotes said...

Good job with the eating! :) I've had a really hard time getting up this week because of the time change... I like the idea of writing your exercise down here... :)

MB said...

We're going to hold you to that pledge. Do you want me to e-mail you in the morning when I'm leaving for the gym? We can go together in spirit. ;)

Good job on the eating. I believe in the 80/20 theory. There is no amount of exercise that can make up for thousands of extra calories I could eat in one binge episode. Thankfully I've been reining those in and learning to stop them before they really get out of control.

Sleep well.