Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Everyone Else is Doing It...

Peer pressure is making me do the Couch to 5K.

OK, so no one's really pressuring me, it just seems like a lot of people are starting up. The weather has been awesome here the past couple of days so I went for a little walk/jog this morning. I can already tell my legs are going to be SORE. Jason and I have already agreed that if we get to the 5K point, we'll enter an actual 5K race.

Doing the C25K allows me to use my heart rate monitor and foot pod that I got last year and then only used twice before entering the Fall and Winter of Sickness. I realized a couple of weeks ago that it doesn't really work with the elliptical as far as telling me anything about distance or steps, which is kind of a drag. (Though I did discover that the elliptical's heart rate monitor on the machine itself is very accurate. Good to know.) So running/walking is the best way to use my new toy.

Today the first few intervals were fine, but by numbers 7 and 8 I was DONE. I can't imagine running a 5K straight, but I know if I keep on, I'll get there. At least that's what I'm telling myself.

On a good note, I felt fantastic afterward. I am discovering my body adores intervals (and, I'm assuming, the endorphins that come with them). I don't really adore the during part so much, but I always feel great when it's done and really pumped up for the day.

2 other good things:

1) As of this morning I'm 4 pounds lighter. Meaning the 4 pounds I was crying about on Saturday went away. We'll see what this Saturday brings, but I feel better.

2) Awesome smoothie today:

6 frozen unsweetened strawberries
1/2 banana
1 serving chocolate Amazing Grass
1/2 scoop unflavored protein powder
1/4 cup 2% plain Greek yogurt
1 cup unsweetened plain Almond Breeze
1/4 packet Stevia

Yum!

No comments: