Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Scheduling Exercise

I forgot to include another goal in my post yesterday. I'm going to schedule my workouts AND follow through, rather than just going back and deleting the scheduled workouts after I don't do them.

Here's what's on tap for this week:
Monday: Walk 4 miles to and from work, Day 1 of sit-ups/push-ups/squats challenges. Done and done. My abs were screaming by the end of the sit-ups. I did the right hand column of Day 1 of Week 3
Day 1
rest 60 seconds between each SET (longer if required)
21 - 30 sit-ups 31 - 40 sit-ups > 40 sit-ups
set 1 15 18 21
set 2 18 25 27
set 3 11 19 21
set 4 11 19 21
set 5 max (at least 14) max (at least 25) max (at least 30)

Today: 25 minutes HIIT elliptical and 20 minutes strength training (arms). Done AND I did 30 minutes on the elliptical. Ha!

Wednesday: 30 minutes swimming, Day 2 of sit-ups/push-ups/squats challenges. I will probably wind up swimming 40 minutes, but since I'm just getting back into it again, I'm scheduling 30 minutes so that I have an out if I need it.

Thursday: 25 minutes HIIT elliptical and 20 minutes strength training (legs).

Friday: Cardio rest because of AM work meeting, Day 3 of sit-ups/push-ups/squats challenges.

Saturday: 30 minutes swimming, 30 minutes strength training (arms and legs).

All of these workouts are entered into SparkPeople already. I'll let you all know how it goes.

No comments: