Sunday, February 21, 2010

Swim-A-Thon

Jason and I went to the Y on Saturday and I discovered that they're doing the Swim-A-Thon again this year. (I also discovered that even with 150 pounds assistance, I SUCK at pull-ups. But that's another story.) It's to raise money for the Y itself, which has a lot of programs for the needy in the area. I had fun swimming it last year and this year with 5 weeks of lead time, I have a little more time to get into swimming shape beforehand.

Last year I swam 55 laps (110 lengths) in an hour. This year, I'm shooting for 60.

I ordered a new swimsuit last night, which is always fun. My old one was extremely faded and so eaten by the chlorine that it was almost transparent. Since I haven't swam in months, it was no biggie, but now I need to get a suit pronto.

I'm not going to stop the weights or the elliptical, but I'm going to swim 1, maybe 2 mornings a week for the next 5 weeks once I get my suit. The Swim-A-Thon is a good motivator.

1 comment:

Andrea@WellnessNotes said...

Sounds like a fun event for a great cause. And I think it's so important love some of your workouts! Sounds like a win-win! :)

Have a great week!