Monday, March 30, 2009

Here We Go Again

In an effort to dejunkify my system, I started Phase 1 of South Beach again yesterday. It reminded me that, oh right, I like vegetables. Particularly this, touted as the best broccoli ever. Jason and his sister agree that it's an apt description. I have an egg, sausage and mushroom breakfast casserole to see me through a week of breakfasts, and a series of yummy-sounding meals lined up for the rest of the days.

Maybe it's all in my head, but I feel better already.

Also, my body is finally well and I went swimming this morning. And now I am very, very sore. I feel like such a weakling. By my last few laps, I could barely get my arms out of the water. So this is what muscle atrophy feels like.

However, my Y is doing a swim-a-thon this Saturday and I signed up to swim for an hour. I donated $10 per half hour to swim and I can get donations from other people. The money is going to the Y's Financial Assistance Fund, which provides assistance for programs and services to those who can't afford it. Since the Y is on the edge of a semi-ghetto neighborhood, there are a lot of after-school programs and such to help kids. So if any of you who know me in real life would like to donate, let me know. You can donate either per lap or a flat amount.

No comments: