Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Working Out

This week is already off to a better start than previous weeks with the working out. Yesterday I had President's Day off of work, so I slept in and then went to the gym. I have a strength training plan where I alternate legs, arms and abs. This way my muscles will get adequate rest time and hopefully only one portion of my body will hurt per day, rather than the whole thing.

So yesterday I did all the weight machines that work my legs. Today, my inner thighs are killing me. I find it interesting that I can lift 120 pounds with my outer thighs, but only 75 pounds with my inner thighs. And then my inner thighs HURT later. Well, they'll get stronger, right?

I also ellipticaled for 25 minutes. Actually, I had planned to do 35 minutes, but only made it 25. I think I may have eaten too much before I went to the gym and I felt sick to my stomach for half the workout. I woke up and then dawdled for so long that I was starving. My normal 100 calorie or so pre-workout snack wasn't going to cut it. But I guess I should have waited a little longer before heading over to the gym.

Jason came home from work a little early so we went to Lincoln Woods State Park and walked the 2 1/2 miles around the lake. It was sunny and about 40 degrees - positively balmy for here. It was really lovely to have that time to walk and talk with Jason. Our plan is to get out and about even more as the weather gets nicer.