Thursday, February 25, 2010

Challenge!

I've decided to take on the 200 sit-ups, 200 squats and 100 push-ups challenges. Last night I did my initial tests to see what my levels are for the actual challenges.

Squats: 60
Rank: Excellent

Sit-Ups: 80
Rank: Excellent

Push-Ups: 7
Rank: Poor

Actually, the push-ups are ranked on a scale of 1 to 7 and I fell in level 2. However, I think that pretty much qualifies as "Poor". So, yeah, I knew my arms were weak piddly things, but this just confirms it.

On the other hand, lets hear it for my thighs and abs! I could have kept going for a bit longer on both the sit-ups and squats, but I knew I had already reached the top levels, so I stopped.

After I did the tests, I also did some arm exercises and tacked on some bicycle crunches and sumo squats for good measure. I have a feeling my thighs and abs will be screaming at me on Friday (it always takes 2 days for me to feel the full brunt of my strength training.)

5 comments:

Donna said...

Dang! That is awesome, Kelly!

So your arms could stand a little work...I think that's the case for most women, yes?

I am super-impressed!

Andrea@WellnessNotes said...

Great job!!! Sometimes a challenge is all we need to get us going! :)

Donna Manley said...

WOW! Good on ya Kelly. Impressive!

Kim said...

Ohhhhhhh, I like the sounds of this Kelly!!! :) You go girl!!!!!!

K said...

This sounds like a fun challenge, although, is it just me or does that woman's abdomen on the 200 sit-ups site looks kind of scary? Maybe I'm just not used to seeing muscles and ribs in that area:)
Kelly
ps. let's definitely pick a saturday in march. the 20th? (i'll be on break then)