Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Food

The last couple of days haven't been stellar as far as low-carb goes, though technically I'm eating healthy. As long as your definition of healthy includes carbs. So I guess I've been healthy according to Conventional Wisdom, as the low-carb folks call it.

Yesterday I met friends for a concert up in Cambridge at a club that is also a vegetarian restaurant. For dinner I had Henry's Dinner: butternut squash, caramelized onions, rosemary, sage, goat cheese and asiago cheese. Over coconut rice. It was DIVINE! Then me and my two friends split a sundae with mint chip ice cream, brownie and whipped cream. I didn't think the brownie was that good, and I can take or leave whipped cream, but I am always a fan of ice cream. Since there were three of us, I think I got 4 or 5 bites and then was done. Satisfying and reasonable. But not low-carb.

Today the weather is rotten and there are 2 IT guys in the office installing our new computers. Our secretary decided we should all get pizza for lunch. Now, granted, when we order pizza, we get it from the fancy schmancy place. Ours had chicken breast, mushrooms and artichoke hearts on multigrain crust with fresh mozzarella. Seriously, it doesn't get much better.

Still, not low-carb.

At least I'm keeping my carbs low for the rest of the day and they're still around 100 grams per day, despite not sticking to my plan exactly. I've got to stop making excuses for myself, though. Hawaii is only 2 months away!

2 comments:

Amazon Alanna said...

Sounds like despite the attack of yummy pizza carbs, you've got the rest of your day planned out to minimize the effects. Good for you, Kelly!

Now back to the rest of your blog to catch up a bit...work has to been too hectic lately to keep up!

Donna said...

Holy moley, that Henry's Dinner sounds *amazing.* I want to try to make something like that...hm...too bad I suck at making up my own recipes!

You may not be sticking strictly to a low-carb plan at the moment, but you are eating *well,* and that is the most important thing.