Thursday, July 02, 2009

Side Plank Impaired

I did the Wednesday Workout last night and worked my abs hard. They were screaming at me by the end, and were sore last night, but today they're ok. I guess that means they're ready for more abuse.

I have discovered that I have serious problems doing side planks. As soon as I push up on one arm, it starts wobbling like jelly. Oddly, it's easier for me to do a side plank if I go straight into it from a regular plank, rather than starting from the floor. But either way, my arms can't last very long. Ideally, the side plank is supposed to be working your core muscles, but I can't even get to that point when my arm won't hold me up. Does anyone else have that problem?

The weather is killing me and making it really hard to just get up in the morning, period, let alone getting up early and going to the gym. This morning I woke up to hard rain and thunder and lightning and while I usually love a thunderstorm, I just groaned at the prospect of yet another gray day. Almost every single person on my Facebook page who is in New England has made some sort of comment to the effect of, "Et tu, July?"

No comments: