Thursday, July 16, 2009

I Was Running

I got some new running shoes this past weekend when we were in DC. My sister-in-law's dad owns a running store in Maryland and he fitted me for proper shoes and gave me a discount. So nice! Apparently I have some of the flattest feet he's ever seen.* The shoes I got are built to give me the stabilization that I don't have naturally. They feel great when I walk, which will hopefully translate into comfort when I run. He also showed me how to lace my shoes so that my narrow heel doesn't slide up and down and get blisters, which is a problem I've had before.

I also found out that my feet are HUGE. Here I thought I was an 8, 8 1/2. These new shoes are 9 1/2. Wide.

I am a delicate flower.**

This week for the Wednesday Workout Challenge we're supposed to run/walk for 20 minutes. Now that I have my new shoes, I can start running. I plan to start the Couch to 5K program this week. Stay tuned for a running report.

*Whereas Jason has obscenely high arches. I'm hoping our kids come out a happy medium.
**Well, I have dress shoes in 7 1/2 wide that are perfectly comfortable, so I'm going to say I average about an 8 1/2, depending on the shoe.

2 comments:

Andrea@WellnessNotes said...

So exciting that you got new shoes! Good shoes are so important... Enjoy your shoes! :)

Fat[free]Me said...

Brilliant - welcome to the world of C25K - it is fun!

Good shoes make all the difference, believe me.