Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Up the Calories

I'm trying to figure out a good way to increase my calories, without increasing the carbs too much. Now that I can eat some fruit and whole wheat bread again, I am having some of both with breakfast. I'm also trying to keep my calories high enough that I'm not ravenous all the time and that I'm giving myself enough fuel to swim.

I have a meeting after work tonight so I'm going to run home and probably eat a leftover pork chop and the easiest side would be a slice of bread with some peanut butter. I do need the calories, but I don't need the additional carbs. If there's anyone else out there watching the carb intake, how do you get in enough calories, without getting your carbs too high? Oh, and without feeling like you're eating an entire pig or chicken in the course of a day.

My goal is to keep my net carbs under 100 g per day, but I haven't been able to do that for the last few days because I made some yummy whole wheat bread this past weekend and it's, you know, basically all carbs.

No comments: