Monday, April 27, 2009

Saturday Weigh-In: SRSLY?!

Guess what? I weigh exactly the same as I did last week. And the week before. To the tenth of a pound, says my digital scale. Is it too much to just want the numbers to change a little? Preferably in a downward direction?

I did lose an inch and a half, including a quarter inch on my waist, hips, and chest. At least I'm toning up uniformly. Also a quarter inch on my right upper arm, which is random, but I'll take it. That means I've lost about 5 1/4 inches in 3 weeks.

So yes, I know, gaining muscle, losing fat, blah blah blah. I would still like the scale to go down a bit. I thought for sure this week I would have lost at least a pound. At least I can feel a difference in my body so I know it's really changing. For one, my jeans are baggier. For two, I feel incredibly energetic and excited to hit the pool and to find other ways to squeeze in some exercise. My boss even offered me a ride home after work on Friday, which was kind of a brain-melting day and I was exhausted, but I said, no thanks, I'm going to walk. Go me.

Saturday morning's swim was another kick-centric workout. My shoulder is still not great. I think I'm going to go to the doctor and try to figure out what's going on. My mom has severe arthritis, my maternal grandfather did too, and my paternal grandmother had bad knees, so it's not inconceivable that I would have some joint issues. I did 7 sets of 300 kick, 100 pull, 100 swim, plus a warm-up and cool down. I love the kicking, except the fins are starting to give me blisters. I wonder if they make fins for people with wide feet...

So I swam 4300 yards, which I think is a new high for me. That's 172 lengths. I was shooting for 176, which would be about 2 1/2 miles, but I ran out of time again and they starting breaking up the lanes for some swim classes that were coming in. Also, I did the last 100 in my long set in 1:25, which I'm very pleased about.

1 comment:

Andrea@WellnessNotes said...

I know that it's hard when the scale isn't moving down...

Great job on all those inches lost! And the baggier jeans! And the increased energy! Way to go!!!

I'm also glad you are getting the shoulder checked out...