Friday, April 03, 2009

Day 6 - Sabotage!

This morning I went to a breakfast meeting for work. They were supposed to have quiche, which would have been great for South Beach. I could just eat the filling and leave the crust. Unfortunately, there was a mix-up and the quiche never got there. Instead we had muffins! So exciting!

It was a small group and the host of the meeting was like a mother insisting, "Eat! Eat!" So I had about a sixth of a lemon poppyseed muffin to not be rude.

Sigh.

It always seems like there's SOMEthing to keep me from doing Phase 1 completely right. I'm not going to let it derail me, though. One little bread product isn't the end of the world and I'm just going to keep going.

I did pilates for my arms and shoulders last night and I'm really feeling it in my triceps. Hopefully I won't be too sore tomorrow morning for my swim. I'm inordinately excited about this swim-a-thon, even though I know it's just like a regular Saturday morning workout for me. Several friends have donated to the cause, which makes me feel like I have a real purpose with this swim. It's like the read-a-thons I used to do in elementary school, only with more action and less sitting on my bum reading.

No comments: