Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Need More

I swam today without using fins because the fins have caused their own set of problems. Namely, blisters on 6 out of 10 toes. I found a set of fins that some people have said are good for wide feet, so I may be investing in a set of my own. My shoulder feels better today, though, after having a few days off.

I felt distinctly dissatisfied after my swim today. I think part of that was due to my carb-tastic dinner last night. We had sushi, which I haven't had in ages and I LOVE and I figure if you're going to have a carb-heavy meal, sushi is probably one of the more healthy ways to go. So I was feeling kind of sluggish at the start of my swim.

But then I got on a roll and swam an 800 in 14:15, which is slow, but better than my last time from a couple of weeks ago. Then I realized I only had 6 lengths left in the workout. After swimming 90 minutes on Saturday, swimming 45 minutes on weekdays suddenly doesn't seem like that much. However, the only way I can swim longer is if I wake up earlier and get to the pool earlier and that doesn't sound like fun at all.

I suppose if I keep feeling dissatisfied, I can TRY to wake up 15 minutes earlier and get in a full hour. It's so HAAARD, though.

1 comment:

Fat[free]Me said...

Ouch on those blisters - hope they get better quickly!

Your swimming is fantastic - sounds like you are really enjoying it, so getting up 15 mins earlier (says me who is hopeless at getting up anytime) may not be too hard.