Sunday, April 05, 2009

Day 8

Swim-A-Thon: 55 laps.

I'm very happy with that, but I know I pushed myself beyond my current fitness level. Since 2 people donated money per lap it pushed me to keep going as hard and fast as I could until that hour was up. And as if to prove how bad a** I am, my swim cap tore as I was taking it off. I'm just that good.

The problem was, instead of feeling energized for the rest of the day, I felt pretty tired and wound up fighting a little headache all evening. Also, after losing 2 1/2 pounds this week, I gained 1 1/2 of them back since yesterday morning, before the swim. I know sometimes you gain weight after particularly hard workouts because of water retention, so that's probably what this weight is.

I'm pretty philosophical about it and know that 1) I will eventually get myself to the point where swimming 55 laps is a good workout, but not so exhausting as it is right now, and 2) I'll lose that weight again once my body balances itself out. Today is a rest day with the working out so my muscles will have ample time to recover before I get back in the pool tomorrow morning.

It's nice to know that even though it was strenuous, I could swim 55 laps yesterday, after only less than a week back in the pool.

No comments: