Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Metabomalism

My body is acting weird lately. I don't know if it's the working out, the South Beach, the meals and snacks spread out over my day? I will be absolutely STARVING, but then it takes just a little food to make me full. Then a couple hours later I'm STARVING again.

For instance, after stretching out my breakfast to the point that I didn't take my last bite until almost 10 AM, by noon my stomach was growling like crazy. So I ate some of my beans that I brought, but I didn't finish them because a whole cup of pinto beans with some cheese was just way too much for little ole me, apparently. I didn't even get to the 2nd part of my lunch - leftover eggplant lasagna.

Now, 2 hours later, I'm starving again. And my eggplant lasagna is heating up in the microwave.

I'll bet by 4:30 I'll be starving again and ready for my snack of celery and peanut butter. For the past few days I've been getting hungry every 2 hours or so, but I fill up very quickly.

Is this a sign that my metabolism is speeding up, or that it's out of whack?

Workouts:
Half hour of pilates last night.
40 laps, 2000 yards, in the pool this morning.

1 comment:

Andrea@WellnessNotes said...

Eating small meals throughout the day sounds like a good thing to me. In fact, it's what I am trying to do, but I don't always succeed...