Saturday, May 10, 2008

My Body Hates Me

Jason thinks I'm losing my perspective, but I was seriously so frustrated this morning that there were tears.

Thursday I did the HIIT on the elliptical, right? I stretched and everything like a good girl and Thursday my calves were a bit sore. By Friday, my left calf was really hurting, to the extent that if I sat for more than a few minutes, I would have to limp my first few steps before I could walk normally.

This morning I was completely hobbling around. The pain is in a very concentrated spot in the muscle on the underside of my calf. Add this to my shoulder issue and now I'm out of luck with both my upper and lower body.

I don't really know why this has happened. I spent all last week walking and exercycling and then I did the elliptical. I've done the elliptical a million times before and have had muscle soreness, but nothing like this.

The interesting thing is, it only really hurts when I'm stationary for more than a few minutes. I spent most of today on my feet cleaning the kitchen and cooking and after a little while, still had a twinge every now and then, but was generally okay. Then I came and sat on the couch to fold some laundry and when I stood up, it hurt all over again. So it's a sore muscle, but it likes to be active. Go figure.

I'm just really frustrated. Today was supposed to be my high exercise, high calorie day. I was going to do another HIIT elliptical session and then try out my new pilates DVD. Instead I've felt useless. And have wanted to eat a lot of chocolate.

I feel old. Sigh.

No comments: