Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Mmmmm, Sushi...

It's amazing how getting home at 9:30 PM can completely screw up your evening eating plans. I had everything all planned out. I was going to make some fish and a sweet potato for dinner and have some popcorn for a snack.

I worked in Massachusetts today and had a long drive home after a 2-mile walk with a friend and a stop at Trader Joe's (there are no Trader Joe's in Rhode Island so I have to take the opportunity to go there when I can). By the time I rolled off the highway, I was exhausted and hungry. So I stopped at the store and bought a big pile of sushi. Jason and I just polished it off. Not nearly as good as sushi from a real sushi place, but it works in a pinch.

I blew my 2300 mg of sodium limit out of the water, but my calories are still in a good place. I figure as far as "take out" goes, sushi is better than, say, the 10-piece Chicken McNugget value meal, which also sounds pretty appealing when it's late and I'm tired and hungry.

A half hour of pilates this morning, and it turns out that the abs and bum workout was pretty darn effective. I am sore. After work, a friend and I walked and I did hammer curls as we walked.

Tomorrow, if I can wake up in time, I'm doing HIIT on the elliptical.

2 comments:

author said...

You are my hero.

Kelly said...

Because I didn't eat the McNuggets? Yay!