Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Apparently I Never Use My Thighs

My calf is feeling better. I am really happy that being on it more actually makes the pain lessen. That was my impetus to get a bunch of chores done on Sunday and to walk to and from work yesterday and to work today. I'm going to the movies tonight, so I won't be walking home.

This morning I tried my new Pilates DVD, which I liked. It focuses on abs, bum and thighs specifically. The workouts are segmented so you can do anywhere from 10-40 minutes of Pilates, depending on what you want to focus on, or how much time you have. I was fine with the abs and the bum exercises, but the thigh exercises were hard. I always thought of my legs as really strong, but I guess my thighs have been mooching of my bum strength all this time, or something. I can really feel it now as I sit at my desk.

Maybe I'll be hurting tomorrow, but I may have to kick it up a notch somehow with the abs and bum exercises. They didn't seem to do a whole lot. Although, like I said, we'll see how I feel tomorrow.

On tap for tomorrow is more Pilates and a walk around the Reservoir near work with a friend on our lunch hour. It's about 1.5 miles around, and I think if we speed up, we can get around twice. Plus, I do hammer curls with my 3 pound weights while we walk. I am an exercising multitasker.


Awesome Salad I Had for Lunch Today
2 C. spinach
3/4 C. pineapple chunks (Dole, canned in pineapple juice)
1 T. Annie's Naturals Low Fat Gingerly Vinaigrette
(also I think some slivered almonds would have been great, but I didn't think of that until I was already at work without access to the slivered almonds in my kitchen cabinet).

No comments: