Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Ow

I wish I could tell the difference between the times when I don't feel like going to the gym because it's rainy and I really don't want to leave behind a snuggly husband and kitty in my nice warm bed, or because my body actually needs a breather. Today I think my body was trying to tell me to stay in bed because it wanted a break.

Around lap 60 I pulled something in my shoulder. I managed to do 20 more laps, but was really hurting by the time I was done. I took some ibuprofen and the warm water in the shower made it feel a bit better. In fact, it feels better now than it did when I got out of the pool. This just makes me feel old and decrepit.

Oh well, I guess I have been pushing it pretty hard, going from no swimming to swimming 4-5 times a week. Hopefully tomorrow it will feel even better. Now that I'm in my swimming groove, I don't really want to go back to the elliptical.

3 comments:

Britni said...

They say that's the one of the biggest causes of injury... pushing it too hard too fast. Be careful.

Unknown said...

I agree with professional. Plus, there is a place where you will exercise too much and turn off the "fat burner" and be exercising for nothing. So I was told by my exercise physiologist who works with the Chicago Bears and the Bulls. She helps them maintain and lose weight when they first show up for camp every year.

Kelly said...

I'm letting myself rest so hopefully I'll heal quickly.

Mom, I doubt I'm working out hard enough for that, but I have read about that as well.