Tuesday, April 22, 2008

90 Laps Today

My Swim Plan workout was very simple today. Warm up, 12 100's on 2:00, cool down. I did the first 100 in 1:40 and did all the others at 1:45. Actually, the last few, I was back toward 1:40, which made me happy because it means I can keep a steady pace even when I'm tired and I can even push it and make myself go faster at the end. Now I just need to get faster all around.

In other news, I'm not losing weight. In fact, I've gained a couple of pounds. However, my measurements are holding steady and my waist even decreased a little over the past couple of weeks. Swimming is good for the abs.

So I'm chalking this up to starting swimming again and using muscles I wasn't with the elliptical. Also, I'm calorie cycling again and my body is getting used to that. Meaning it's getting used to a lot more calories than I was feeding it. My BMR is 1600-1800 calories and then I'm swimming 4-5 times a week. I was only eating around 1500 calories and I've just increased that a whole bunch and I think my body is a little freaked out. Hopefully this will be the week I get it figured out.

I'm just trying to come up with reasons here. Do you think mine make sense?

I also had a piece of chocolate cake Friday and Saturday (half on Friday, half on Saturday). I could not get it out of my head. I figure I can have a piece of chocolate cake occasionally, darn it. Other than that, my eating has been pretty stellar.

Sometimes I wonder if my body just has a set point around 180-185 and I'm going to be stuck here forever.

2 comments:

Britni said...

Have you ever tried running? It does wonders for the body even when you think you may be stuck.

Kelly said...

I actually hate running. :)

Also, bad knees run in my family. I used to get sore knees from the stairmaster when I was 18 so I'm all about doing exercises that have low impact on my joints. Thus, the elliptical and swimming.