Thursday, April 17, 2008

No More Apples

I bought this big thing of Empire apples at Costco last week and have been happily plucking out one apple per morning to eat before my workout. Yesterday, I ate an apple and one tablespoon of peanut butter (thanks for the suggestion!) and it seemed to be the perfect combination pre-90 laps. Today, I grabbed out an apple, only to find that one side was smushy and brown. OK. Next apple. It had a hole in one side and one end appeared to be rotting.

Hi apples, you're in the fridge. You're supposed to keep a loooong time in the fridge, or so I've been told.

So I have no more apples. This morning pre-workout, I ate a tablespoon of peanut butter. I was running late and am not much of a morning person and couldn't be creative enough at that moment to come up with another idea. So I sucked down a big spoon of peanut butter.

I was running so late that I only got in 60 laps before I had to get out or be REALLY late to work. On either side of me were these super fast guys who were kind of creating big waves every time they went by me. Then I heard them talking about how they're getting ready for a triathlon and one of them did an Iron Man last year. That made me feel not so bad about the fact that they were consistently lapping me.

No gym tomorrow because I have to catch an early train up to Boston. Saturday I'm going and then I will have been 5 times this week, for which I'm going to give myself a little pat on the back.

No comments: