Monday, April 14, 2008

Bad Food! Bad!

I swam 70 laps this morning and felt amazing! Getting back into the pool this time is a lot less difficult than it has been in the past because I'm not starting from scratch. I've been ellipticaling regularly for a little while and apparently that has primed my body for swimming. I swam 60 laps one day last week and did 70 today. Tomorrow I'm shooting for 80. Usually, I have to do 60 for a week or so, then 70 for a week or so, and so on.

Someone referred me to Swim Plan, where you can enter in some information about yourself and they give you a workout routine. I'm going to try the first one tomorrow. According to their gradation of skill based on times, I am "Quite Good". The scale goes Beginner, Slow, Average, Above Average, Quite Good (squad swimmer), Good (competitive swimmer), Very Good, Strong and Advanced. Well, I know I'm not at competitive level right now, but it's nice to know I'm only one level below that.

I totally killed my buzz with lunch. I brought in a healthy lunch of chicken breasts, tomatoes and an apple, but at about 11:30 my boss asked if another attorney and I wanted to head out to lunch. Of course you say yes to lunch with the boss. He took us to a Cuban place. The food was amazingly good and amazingly bad for me. The menu didn't allow for a lot of healthy fudging, so I resigned myself to an unhealthy lunch. It tasted so good.

Now, though, I feel awful. The buzz from the simple carbs in the sandwich bread has left my system and I'm struggling to keep my eyes open. I feel drained and just blah. Eating healthy feels so much better, that's for sure.

This weekend I came up with a new smoothie and it's my favorite now since I was getting a little tired of the all berries, all the time smoothies.

Pineapple-Orange-Strawberry Smoothie

6 ice cubes
6 strawberries
3/4 C. Dole chunk pineapple (no sugar added)
3/4 C. orange juice
1/2 C. plain yogurt (Greek or otherwise)
(I usually add 1/2 T. flax meal as well and 1/2 a packet of Stevia)

Blend and enjoy! So citrusy. So good.

No comments: