Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Day 9 - Binging (In A Good Way)

No, no, not THAT kind of binging.  I am still on top of my food. 

I'm talking about podcasts.  When I'm eating junk and not working out, I tend to avoid my low-carb/Paleo podcasts, because I believe what they're saying, but I don't really want to hear it when I'm eating a mini Butterfinger.  So I have a lot of old episodes stored up in itunes.

Here's what I listen to (in between Wait, Wait Don't Tell Me, This American Life, The Moth, and Stuff Mom Never Told You):

Livin' La Vida Low Carb
PaleoTalk (though they seem to be on some type of hiatus now.  However, Sarah Fragoso is doing another podcast called...)
Paleo Lifestyle and Fitness
Fat-Burning Man
Latest in Paleo
Cut the Fat
Healthy Mind, Fit Body

I was supposed to go to strength training this morning, but we saw The Hobbit* last night and I didn't get to sleep until 11:30.  I decided to sleep another hour instead of getting up at 5:45 AM.  Then I remembered that I have a work meeting in Boston Friday morning so I can't go then either.  I think it's time to bust out my little hand weights and do some squat presses, push-ups and crunches.


* Verdict: I liked it a lot better than I thought I would, probably because I had heard/read so many mediocre and negative reviews. There were one or two parts toward the beginning where I thought, "Aaand this is the part I will be fast forwarding through in the future", but after that it was very engaging.  It's no Lord of the Rings, but I'm excited for the next movie.

No comments: