Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Day 16 - Good Intentions

Despite my promises to myself and emphatic statements on this blog, I still haven't made it to the gym this week.  My food is going well.  I had some rice today because I had a lunch at a Korean restaurant, but not too much.  I won't have any more big carbs for the rest of the day.

The gym thing has been tricky.  I seem to have settled into this sleep pattern of falling asleep at around 11:30 or 12 (no matter what time I literally go to bed), and then waking up at around 7 or 7:30.  I need to figure out a way to back the cycle up an hour, so that I'm up and out of bed by 6.

I was determined to do it this morning until I woke up to a few inches of snow and slush covering my car and the street.  I'm fine with cleaning off my car if I need to get to work and it's a normal time of day, but cleaning the car off in the dark, while it was still snowing, to go to the gym by 6:30 wasn't happening.  Yeah, lame, I know.

I still have Thursday, Friday and Saturday this week.  Here's to getting to the gym!  Finally!

3 comments:

Jan said...

Just wait for daylight savings time and you'll be back on the right time schedule!

Rachel said...

Do you ever try working out at home those days? (Partially a self-serving question because I am looking for new home workout videos.)

Kelly said...

Jan, good point!

Rachel, I haven't in awhile. I have some decent DVDs that I should dust off, but I can't really remember what they're called (other than 30-Day Shred). I'll let you know if anything strikes me as awesome.