Thursday, January 03, 2013

Day 3 - Carb Flu

Well, it's either carb flu or the real flu.  The point is, today I feel crummy.

I always forget how Day 3 hits me.  This time I was actually thinking I was getting off light with the carb withdrawal.  Day 1 and Day 2: piece of cake!

Then last night at around 9:30, my head started hurting and I started feeling a little cloudy-headed.  Also, I felt like I could just fall asleep right that moment.  I stayed up for another hour or so and then I was OUT until 7:30 this morning.  That's a very long sleep for me.

The left side of my head hurts, which is weird for me since my migraines are always on the right side.  I guess the left side of the head is the carb withdrawal side.  I'm doing my best to focus because I have a client coming in for a meeting in 26 minutes and I need to be on the ball.  Wish me luck!

It's not so bad, though.  I knew what to expect so I know I'll feel better if not by Day 4, then definitely by Day 5.  It's good to have a little pain to remind me how addicted to junk my body is, and how I don't want to be that way anymore.

No comments: