Friday, January 04, 2013

Day 4 - Observed

Observed so far:

  • You know those really annoying people who are all, "I forgot to eat!  Tee hee!"  Yeah, well, yesterday, I was one of those people.  I was working along and before I knew it, it was 1 PM and I needed to eat lunch.  Usually I have some sort of mid-afternoon snack, but yesterday at around 4:30, my stomach started to growl and I realized I never had a snack.  I finished out my work day and wound up eating dinner around 7.  Physically I was hungry, so I enjoyed my food, but my brain wasn't like "We have to eat RIGHT NOW or we will die!" like it often is, so I was able to wait and get my work done and not focus on what I was going to eat next.

    What this tells me is that in only 3 days I've managed to fix my brain a little bit, and adjust my mental obsession with food.  All by cutting out sugar and grains.  Amazing!

  • My mood has improved about 5,000%.  Jason has asked me a couple of times why I'm in such a good mood.  I don't really think I'm in a good mood particularly, but that's how I'm coming across now.  I'd much rather have a reputation as the happy wife than the sourpuss wife.  Jason, sorry for being such a pill lately.  I can't guarantee I won't ever be in a bad mood, but it would probably be in your best interest to keep encouraging me to stay away from the crap food.

No comments: