Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Day 30 - Feeling Human Again

I probably shouldn't even be counting days anymore, since the idea of eating low-carb went out the window with the descent of the flu upon our home.  Actually, I didn't eat much while I was in the thick of it because, frankly, I didn't feel like eating.  No intestinal distress (thankfully) just a general disinterest and even aversion to most food.

I would think I wanted something, eat a few bites and then put the rest in the fridge.  I ate oatmeal for breakfast, snagged a few of Jason's mint M&M's, and then we got take out for dinner (which never got fully eaten).  So I lost a couple of pounds this week.  Not eating - that's one way to lose weight.

My swimming buddy and I planned to get back in the pool this coming Saturday.  Yay...?

I'm not sure how much I'll feel like swimming by then.  My cough is better, but not gone, and I am WEAK.  It's only Wednesday, though.  Maybe by Saturday I'll be raring to go.  If not, at least I can get IN the pool.  Do some kicking or something.  It's been months since I've swum laps and today it's warm enough outside that getting in the pool doesn't sound too painful. 

No comments: