Friday, September 25, 2009

Hangover

This morning it was so hard to get out of bed. I felt hungover - or at least what I imagine that feels like. And here, my friends, is why I've determined my body does not like carbs. Yesterday, I had a fancy lunch with clients and a fancy dinner up in Boston with our entire department. Lunch wasn't too bad - one piece of French bread was really the only obviously carb-loaded thing. I also had tomato and dill soup and a salad with scallops and shrimp. Yum! But at dinner they served this amazing focaccia bread in little buckets and then I ordered the gnocchi with wild mushrooms. It was all delicious and I have no regrets (although I tasted someone else's braised short ribs, which I was also thinking about getting and it was absolutely amazing. Should have stuck with the protein after all, I guess).

This morning, though, I felt like I had been run over. I wanted to walk to work, but couldn't drag myself out of bed in time. Even taking the bus, I was still late to work. I thought to myself, 'why do I feel so yucky?' and then I remembered all the food I ate yesterday.

So yeah, moderation is key when it comes to me and carbs, apparently. It's kind of amazing to me when I discover these things about myself. I find it fascinating, though I know it's just a bunch of navel-gazing.

No comments: