Friday, September 18, 2009

Food Journal

Thursday, September 17

Dinner: Potluck! I just totaled up my calories on SparkPeople and even though I felt like I was munching a lot last night, calorie-wise, I was way low. I ate 2 eggplant feta rolls, which we brought, a small slice of veggie/tofu lasagna, 3 crackers with brie, a bunch of green salad and a couple of bites of a tiny sliver of pie. I took 2 slivers of 2 different kinds of pie and ate one bite of each because, frankly, they weren't very good. In the past, I might have mindlessly just shoveled them in my mouth, but I really thought about whether I actually wanted to eat them. The answer was no.

Friday, September 18

Breakfast: scrambled eggs with 2 eggs, 2 egg whites and 1/2 oz feta; Chobani nonfat Greek yogurt with honey.

Lunch: crock pot chicken (the chicken that keeps on giving) - 1/2 thigh, 1/2 breast; salad with cheddar and balsamic vinaigrette.

Snack: Almonds

Dinner: salmon; roasted broccoli and cauliflower; collard greens cooked...some way. The Farm Share is winding down a bit with regard to selection and kale and collards seem to be the featured vegetables lately. When I tried to make collards in June, they gave us a bit of gas. I know, TMI. I'm hoping I can cook them longer this time or figure out what it takes to make that not happen, or maybe I should just take some Beano.

No comments: