Monday, June 03, 2013

June Challenge

A friend of mine emailed me yesterday to see if I wanted to get in on a challenge for the month of June that a friend of hers put together.  A challenge?  With points?  Of course!

So that's what I'm doing this month.  Basically for the weeks of June there are 4 workouts to do at some point during the week, which get progressively harder as the weeks progress.  The workouts are similar to the Cross Fit idea - 5 rounds of 10 push-ups, 10 burpees, 15 squats, 3 varieties of plank for 30 seconds each, etc.

Also, there are a few other fitness challenges to get through each week for points. 

ALSO, there's a food component that basically consists of removing the heavily-processed "white" foods - sugar, white flour, white rice.   I'll do you one better, Challenge, and not even eat the whole wheat flour or the brown rice!

One thing I really like is that there's a walking/running component each week, which the organizer translated into non-walking/running activities.  So I can swim 1/4 mile and it counts as a mile of running/walking.  This week the total is 5 miles, which means I'm already finished, since I swam 1 1/4 miles this morning.  Next week it's 12 miles, so that will take a bit more effort in the pool.

One thing I do NOT like: required running.  Each week we're supposed to do a timed mile run.  Yeah, I can pretty much guarantee I won't be getting any points with that, since mine will probably be a 15 minute run/jog/walk mile.

Regardless, I love a challenge, especially when someone has already done all the hard work and organized everything and just tells me what to do.

I have a work meeting tonight, but I'll do my first weekly workout tomorrow!

No comments: