Thursday, April 08, 2010

Working It Out

There are some days when I feel like I'm just not very good at my job. Today was one of those days. I felt defeated and close to tears when I left the office.

I decided that I wanted to walk. Ellipticaling was on my schedule today, but I needed to be out in the open air. I wound up walking for a bit less than an hour and a half and kept my fleece on the whole time so I was a sweaty beast when I got home.
I also felt a bit better.

And kitty seemed to miss me.
I sat down on the floor to take off my sneakers and Tiny flopped down next to me and stretched out alongside my leg, purring and rolling back and forth on his back until I patted him.

Mid-way through my walk, I started getting hungry. I was craving a big pan of roasted vegetables. Like these:
Delicious. Not to mention better than drowning my bad mood in a pint of Ben and Jerry's.

I like that my instincts tell me that after a bad day I need to take a walk and eat some vegetables.

No comments: