Monday, April 12, 2010

So Proud

Jason has lost about 20 pounds since he started running and watching what he eats. "Watching what he eats" basically means not eating everything in sight, not cleaning other peoples' plates, and not eating the cookie and the chips with his Subway footlong.

Seriously, trying to lose weight at the same time as the guy in your life is frustrating business.

Sour grapes notwithstanding, I am super proud of him and his efforts. He can jog 3 miles without stopping! Amazing!

I'm still bobbing around a 4-pound spread, however I am starting to notice some changes in my measurements. Mainly in my chest. Yes, in the almost 2 months since I started measuring, I've lost 2 inches off my b**bs. Um, isn't part of the consolation of being a chubby girl that you have an awesome rack?

I've also lost almost an inch off of each of my thighs, which is fantastic. I've lost maybe half an inch off of both my waist and my hips, so those are moving more slowly.

So I'm not losing weight, but at least I seem to be losing fat. Mostly in my chest, but still.

2 comments:

Joe and Joanne said...

Great job Kelly! That's awesome! I bought a Jillian Michael's DVD the other day called 30 Day Shred. It's intense but I totally recommend it.

And remember: As you're exercising, you're also gaining muscle. Muscle weights more than fat so even though the lbs may not be falling as fast as you'd like them to at first, they will fall as all things even out. Just make sure to stretch those muscles out to keep them long instead of bulky!!!

Kelly said...

Joanne, I actually bought the 30 Day Shred last summer. It is a great workout, though I was wearing the absolutely wrong shoes and hurt my shins. Also, bouncing around in a 2nd-floor apartment in an old house makes the TV shake and things fall over. Maybe I'll try it again once we live somewhere a little more solid...