Monday, April 05, 2010

New Week

We're always so busy on the weekends that I never seem to make a Monday morning workout. Jason fell asleep on the couch last night at 10:30 and when I woke him up he said, "Let's go to bed" so we did. And somehow I still had a hard time getting up in time to catch the 8:48 bus which gets me into work just a smidge after 9. Not ideal, but man, was I tired.

Jason had a big week with singing up in Boston for Holy Week. He sang Wednesday and Thursday, Friday we went to a Good Friday service at another friend's church, and then Jason sang Saturday night and two services on Easter Sunday. Then we had a friend's birthday party yesterday afternoon and our own Easter dinner with other friends in the evening. He also managed to run a few times this week. No wonder he was tired.

I made lamb for Easter, which I am pleased to learn this morning via SparkPeople is actually a pretty low-calorie meat. I LOVE lamb, but had never made it before. It's surprisingly easy. I used a recipe for Roast Leg of Lamb with Root Vegetables and added minced garlic and fresh sage by rubbing them on the lamb and sprinkling them over the vegetables. One tip: steam the vegetables a bit prior to adding them to the roasting pan. The lamb cooked surprisingly quickly. The potatoes were just barely done, but the carrots didn't cook through at all and the onions were still a bit crunchy.

I really need to get better at taking pictures of the things I make. I meant to take a picture of the lovely leg of lamb surrounded by the vegetables, but then forgot when we actually pulled it out of the oven. Trust me, it was fantastic.

No comments: