Monday, September 29, 2008

My Favorite Jeans Are Too Big

So I guess jeans really do shrink when you wash them. I thought I just imagined that. I went to Lane Bryant on Friday and bought 2 pairs of jeans with a coupon. I'm wearing the smallest size there now which is good, but makes me kind of sad because they're still the only people who really understand the whole hip to waist ratio thing. Where do I buy pants for my itty bitty waist and that round thing in your face* after I lose a few more pounds?

I bought the same exact jeans that I've been wearing and loving for the past few months. 2 pairs actually. But see, I've washed the jeans I already owned probably at least 20 times. I never dry them, but I kind of thought they were getting a little tighter each time I washed them. I'm a big believer in the multiple wearing theory (in that your clothes don't really get dirty when you've only worn them once unless you're doing some manual labor), but jeans have to be washed at some point and I thought they were tighter.

Turns out it wasn't my imagination. Today I put on one of the new pairs and they went on all nice and comfy. However, after sitting in a car for a couple of hours and walking around an apple orchard** for a bit, they have become kind of super baggy, and I'm starting to realize that maybe I only still fit into Lane Bryant jeans after they've been washed a bunch of times. Guess I'll be doing some laundry.

* Thank you, Sir Mix-a-Lot.
**Apple picking! I will be sabotaging my food plan at some point in the next couple of weeks when I make an apple crisp.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the loose pants. Gap has curvy jeans -- meaning small waisted pants with room for hips/booty. Eddie Bauer also has a similar sizing system. It might take awhile to figure out what fits you best. Shopping in the Misses dept is gratifying and scary. Good luck with hitting goal.

Juice said...

Congrats on leaving Lane behind! Way to go!