Wednesday, September 10, 2008

SBD Day 4 - Ow

I think I have selective memory when it comes to Pilates. Every time I start up again I think, Oh this isn't too hard. Then I skip through the day all la la la, I exercised, and feel a little worried that maybe I'm not getting enough out of my Pilates DVDs. Then comes day two. Day two is the day of pain. Today my quadriceps and my triceps are begging for mercy. I am always so amazed that those Pilates movements that don't feel like much do have a heavy impact on my muscles. I was actually going to do more Pilates this morning since I felt so great when I went to bed last night. Yeah, not so much.

Like I said I would, I got a lot of cleaning done last night. I'm having people over tonight so I had to do a quickie clean-up and not really get as down and dirty with the cleaning as I wanted to. I can start that tomorrow night. There are still a few boxes and other bits and pieces left over from my sister-in-law's move out, but I've managed to contain it all in one part of the living room, while the rest of the common areas look okay. Except the kitchen. One of the problems with eating healthy is that there is a never-ending onslaught of dishes and pots and pans. I cleaned the kitchen when I got home last night and then I cooked dinner and just couldn't work up the energy to clean the kitchen AGAIN. We have no dishwasher, so it's a very slow and involved process.

In South Beach Diet news, I'm just chowing down on the protein and veggies. I think my stomach is getting smaller. Or I'm just getting sick of chicken breasts. I brought some chicken in tomato sauce and about a cup and a half of veggies I cooked last night to work for lunch. I ate about 2/3 of the chicken and haven't even heated up the veggies. I'm stuffed.

This morning I was down .4 pounds, so the loss has slowed. 4.2 pounds total.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Wow!!! Good for you!!! It's wonderful to see and feel the results of your hard work - keep it up! :)