Monday, March 10, 2008

I H8 Headaches

Didn't get to the gym this morning because of a stupid headache. I still have it, despite a few Excedrin and a Coke Slurpee. Something about the frozen Coke usually helps my headaches. And the associated nausea. Today it's not really helping. I think I waited too long. The headache actually started before I went to sleep last night and I didn't do anything about it until this morning.

It's a slow day at work so I'm contemplating heading home if my boss doesn't have anything for me to do when he gets off the phone. I would rather stick it out, but if I feel like I'm going to keel over and really just want to lay my head down on the cool, cool laminate desk, isn't that a sign?

I have had a theory for some time about falling barometric pressure causing my headaches. My headaches seemed to come hand in hand with storm systems, at least since I started noticing several months ago. Last time I had a headache it was a cloudy yucky day heading up to a storm and the pressure was falling like crazy. However, today is beautiful and sunny and I figured this headache must be something else entirely. I just checked the weather and sure enough, the pressure is falling and we're supposed to get snow tonight. Get me, the human barometer.

Turns out I'm not crazy.

Also, it figures that my headaches/migraines only started in earnest once I moved to Chicago from Arizona. Guess what one of the cures is for people who suffer from weather-related headaches? Move to Arizona.

Well, I don't want to live in Arizona again. I like seasons. I just need to figure out a way to head my headaches off at the pass because honestly they kind of suck.

No comments: