Thursday, March 06, 2008

The Cat Ate My Muffin!

I know it's my own fault. Our cat is an eating machine and we have rubbermaids on our kitchen shelves to hold cereal, oatmeal, crackers, rice, basically anything containing carbohydrates. Kitty loves the carbs. I have left food in my purse before, but I make sure that it is covered.

Yesterday I bought a Morning Glory muffin at Whole Foods because they were on sale and figured I would have it for part of my breakfast today. I left it in my purse last night, but covered it with some papers and another bag. This morning I came out of the bedroom and discovered that not only had Tiny found the muffin, but he had eaten about half of the top.

And still he was yelling at me to feed him. The nerve!

I told him that if he was going to eat my muffin, he could have at least done me the courtesy of finishing it and not left 2/3 of it staring at me, making me wonder if I could just eat around the areas he had nibbled.

Sigh. So instead of my yummy Whole Foods muffin I ran out of the apartment, in a hurry as always to catch my bus, and stopped at Starbucks on my way to work from the bus station for a yogurt parfait. I really wish I could find the nutritional information for the granola separate from the yogurt. I know the granola is a big part of the 320 calories and 4 grams of fat and I would have no problem replacing it with a sprinkle from the little stash of All Bran I have in my desk. But the nutritional information is for the whole shebang.

I really need to go grocery shopping.

No comments: