Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Feeling Strong

Not only did I leave work a little early to go to the gym last night, but I woke up this morning and went again. The endorphins flooding through me this morning on my drive to work made me really really I did something that involved manual labor. Like construction. Or gymnastics.

Next week I think I'm going to start swimming again and maybe mix things up with alternating swimming and elliptical days. A few years ago, I bought this really cute Speedo on sale, but when it arrived at my house I realized it was a bit small. Specificlaly, the fabric covering the bum was a bit small. But I held onto it because it was cute and on sale and I was going to lose the weight anyway, right? They tell you to never buy clothes that are too small for you, but I actually don't think it's a bad thing to have one or two items that are a little snug for motivation.

This morning I tried on the suit to determine if I needed to order a new one or if that one would do. The bum fits great and actually the entire suit fits me like a glove and looks pretty darn good. We're going to ignore the cellulite on the thighs, because that's just a lost cause, but my workout efforts have gotten rid of all but a half roll of back flab and have shaped up my arms rather nicely. Dare I say, I wasn't horrified by the image in the mirror of myself in a swimsuit. That's progress.



2 comments:

TrixieBelden said...

Just found your blog and I need to catch up on past posts.

That is awesome about the swim suit! I agree you totally should have kept it - and you've saved $ by not getting rid of it. I miss swimming and am super jealous of you!

Kelly said...

Hi, Trixie. Do you have a pool in your area? I just go to the Y. It's not glamorous, but it gets the job done.