Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Bzzzzzz

To preface this morning's story, I have to note that I haven't been drinking soda lately. Maybe once a week. And I only have caffeinated sodas maybe once every 2 weeks or so.

This morning I woke up at 4:30 with a headache. So I took some Excedrin. On an empty stomach. I know that's not good, but I didn't really want to eat anything. While you might think the acetaminophen would give me an upset stomach, the real issue wound up being the caffeine (see the no soda note above). I'm still feeling a little loopy and my head is buzzing. Bzzzz.

On the upside, I was in the pool by 6:05, swam until 7:17 and did 3550 yards. That's 2 miles. Also, I did an 800 in 13:50, which is my best time in awhile. Also, I did 10 50's on the minute, but finished every single one at around :46. Then I did 6 100's on 2:00 and finished them all at about 1:37. The point is, I had looong rests because I was moving so fast this morning.

Is caffeine allowed in sports because wow, what a boost when your body isn't used to it?

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I find my workouts are much easier when I have a little caffeine before them! Especially morning workouts, obviously. I don't know if it's a GREAT habit to have... but I hope the higher performance level it gives me makes up for any bad stuff! :)