Saturday, January 31, 2009

Weekly Recap

I meant to go swimming yesterday morning and this morning. However, Thursday night I was all buzzing with nervous energy because I had a work meeting on Friday morning at which I would be the only representative from our law firm for the very first time. I think I finally fell asleep at about 1:30, and I just couldn't get up at 6.

Then this morning I was lazy because I need to go into work soon and will probably be there for at least 6 or 7 hours. Plus, tomorrow morning I have a meeting at church at 8:15. Today was the only morning I could sleep in for a bit, so I did.

However, since I set my exercise bar relatively low, I succeeded in meeting my goals this week. My goal is to exercise 3 times per week for at least 30 minutes - which I did. Monday I walked to and from work (60 min), Tuesday I swam (30 min), and Thursday I swam (35 min).

I know next week will be better simply because of how great I felt after swimming. Even though I am slow and more breathless than I would like while completing my laps, the endorphins are kicking in. I felt great on the two days I swam, so Monday morning I'll be at the pool. Next week my goal will be the same 3 times per week, but I'm going to see if I can get in 5 days of swimming. Oh and also wake up early enough that I'm not forced out of the pool by my schedule after only a half hour.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Good job! I actually let myself be inspired by you and we went swimming on Thursday evening! Then, I went to yoga this morning! `

Kelly said...

Do you guys go to the Brown gym?

Natalie C. said...

Been absent from the blogging and reading of blogs for a while, but just wanted to stop in and say hello. I remember clicking on your blog probably from Ryan Murphy's blog, and you were the first one that virtually introduced me to weight loss blogs. Such a cool way to keep motivated. Go you! All your fitness efforts are motivating to read about.