Tuesday, January 06, 2009

SBD Day 2

Wow, my body does not like the carbs. Or mass amounts of the carbs anyway. I've lost 4 pounds since yesterday morning, says my scale.

Last night I made a Mushroom and Feta Breakfast Casserole from Kalyn's Kitchen, one of the best sources I have found for interesting and tasty Phase 1 recipes. I sliced it up into 8 servings and brought 1 for breakfast this morning. I am a huge fan of both mushrooms and feta so of course I thought it was fabulous.

I made Jason and I sesame salmon and veggies for dinner last night. I forgot how much I love fresh vegetables and just simple, unprocessed food. Duh. I hate how I forget these things when all I'm eating is chocolate and cookies.

Anyway, the salmon was very simple: just saute in a little sesame oil and sprinkle with some garlic powder. Finish with some toasted sesame seeds. For the veggies, I sauteed celery, scallions, bok choy, broccoli and water chestnuts in a little sesame oil and then sprinkled some soy sauce on toward the end. I probably cooked the vegetables for a total of 10 minutes and they were still crisp and flavorful.

I'm working the hardest at Goal #3, planning ahead, because when I plan, the healthy eating falls into place. For example, on Sunday while I was canning some apple butter (no sugar added), I washed and chopped the celery, bok choy and scallions. Then I scooped some peanut butter into a couple of tiny containers and made a couple of baggies of celery sticks for snacks. I also started some black beans hydrating, and I'm going to cook those up tonight.

Yesterday I had 60 g of carbs and 140 g of protein. I walked home from work and today I walked to work and plan to walk home. Progress is being made.

2 comments:

Amazon Alanna said...

The salmon you made sounds so tasty! I'm going to have to give that a try.

I think my body hates refined carbs, too, but my mouth has been in charge recently and she loooves the carbs!

zamy said...

Go Kelly!!
Those are some great ideas!!
Like you, I've cut back to 100 carbs & cut out white stuff. I'm rockin' the headache right now but otherwise I feel great!
I definitely am trying the cassarole