Thursday, January 15, 2009

Day...Um...Day 11

I seriously just had to look at a calendar to figure out what day I was on. Apparently South Beach isn't cramping my style too much if I'm not counting down the days to the end of Phase 1.

Last night I did have a small dish of chopped fruit. Some friends invited us over and she wanted to make us dessert. "Do you guys like chocolate?" she asked. I told her that oh, yes, we love chocolate. However, I'm not eating sugar right now (didn't feel the need to go into the whole rah rah South Beach thing). I assured her that whatever she made for them would be wonderful and I would not be bothered at all. Also, if Jason found out that he could have gotten chocolate and I put the kibosh on it, I would have been in serious trouble.

So we show up and our friend pulls out a lovely chocolate cake and...a bowl of chopped fruit for me. I just could not turn up my nose at such a sweet gesture. So I ate some, and it was yummy, and they also had milk, which I drank because I love milk and it is SB-approved. Hopefully the two combined made her feel like she was an excellent hostess for the evening. Because she was.

I still haven't been back to the gym because, I don't know if you've heard, but it's freakin' cold outside right now. I'm doing good to pull myself out of bed in time to make my bus, let alone hauling my bum to the gym.

I'm still down 6.6 pounds. I think this is probably about where I will be until I start exercising again. 6.6 pounds in less than 2 weeks is a-ok with me.

No comments: