Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Starting Again

Well, it's serious now. This weekend I had the chance to weigh myself on the same scale I weighed myself on when I moved to DC 7 months ago. I've gained 15 pounds, which basically negates all the effort of last summer.

So today I am officially rededicating myself, for realsies now, to being healthier.

For one, no more sugar. I admit that I am unable to control the sugar intake. It's so easy to say, "Oh, I'll just have a little bit" here and there. Pretty soon I'm having multiple little bits of sugar every single day. It's much easier to just say "No, thank you" and give myself the one splurge day to look forward to. Plus, the longer I went without eating sugar, the less I actually wanted on my splurge day, which was an unexpected, but good result.

Two, more fruits and vegetables. I know it takes longer, but I need to make a concerted effort to have good fruts and veggies around to snack on, or have them prepared to take for lunches. The job I'm working now only has me working 6 days a week, so I need to take Sunday afternoon and prep for the week to come.

Three, consistent exercise. I have a good resource in my Tivoed Denise Austin shows. I just have to do them. I have to make the effort to get to bed earlier so I can either wake up early in the morning to work out, or not be too exhausted to work out at night. However, I'm giving myself this week off because I'm moving in a few days and I HAVE TO PACK. Packing has not even begun, although I managed to score a ton of boxes from my last job. Big, heavy, document-holding boxes. Hurrah!

So even though my rooommate's birthday cake is still sitting on the counter and she would be fine with me having some tonight after dinner, I must say no. Even though I have half a roll of Girl Scout Thin Mint cookies left, I must save them for my splurge day. Today, I start anew.

No comments: