Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Book

I'm reading Tales from the Scale on the train every morning. At first I didn't like the format. It's set up thematically, with several different authors writing a section under each theme. At first, I found it disconcerting to jump from one author to another, but I'm liking it now.

I'm thinking I might try to follow the format of the book and write my own blurbs on each of the themes. Really talk about weighing more than I want to and the Fat Girl who I am on the outside and the inside. Weight issues have been such a huge part of my life for as long as I can remember. I hate that the number on the scale or on the tag of my clothes has such control over me, but it does.

I am disheartened a bit by my recent weight gain. However, knowing that I have lost weight in the recent past, and knowing that I'm still not as big as I was when I lived in Chicago gives me hope. It's like I know I can do this, I just have to make my mind up to do it again. I find it frustrating this week to have to be packing for my move instead of working out every night. I read the section in the book today about going to the gym, and now all I want to do is find an elliptical machine or flip on Denise Austin. Maybe if I get a decent job in Boston, I can join Healthworks, the fancy-schmancy women's gym. I hear it's very nice.

Today I'm putting up some stats over on the sidebar. Knowing that I'm back at 200 is a poopy feeling, but like I said, I know I have the capacity to lose what I've gained back, plus some.

No comments: