Sunday, April 07, 2013

Recipe: Apple Maple Mustard Pork Tenderloin

I love the internets.  This morning I woke up and thought, I have a tenderloin, Dijon mustard and homemade applesauce.  That sounds like the beginnings of a good recipe.

Sure enough, I found this.  Only I wanted to use the crock pot since we had to leave at 1 PM for Evensong and wouldn't be back until after 6.  So I made some modifications and by the time we got home it smelled SO good in our house.

Jason declared it my best tenderloin ever.



Apple Maple Mustard Pork Tenderloin

2 1/2 to 3 pound pork tenderloin
1/4 C. Dijon mustard
3 T. maple syrup
1 T. fresh rosemary
1/2 t. salt
1/4 t. pepper
1 1/2 C. applesauce*

Brown tenderloin on all sides in skillet (or IN your slow cooker, if you have a Ninja like I do) and place in crock pot.  Combine mustard, maple syrup, rosemary, salt and pepper in a small bowl, then brush on all sides of tenderloin.  Pour applesauce around the tenderloin.

Cook on low for 8 hours.  Remove tenderloin from crock pot and let set for 10 minutes before slicing.  Use sauce in crock pot as gravy.  It's yummy!


* I used homemade applesauce that I canned a couple of years ago.  It has cinnamon and cloves in it, so if you use plain applesauce, add about 1 t. cinnamon and 1/4 t. cloves to the applesauce.

No comments: