Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Weight

I just went to the doctor about something unrelated to my weight. They weighed me of course, and I'm 6 pounds heavier than the last time I was there.

So while I was there, I had blood drawn to get my thyroid checked. The thing is, I don't really think I have any of the other symptoms for hypothyroid. But if there isn't a problem, that's one thing I can check off the list.

I'm just feeling so defeated by my body at this point. I feel stronger, and I know I'm in good shape. I just have 40 extra pounds hanging on. Yeah, it's up to 40 now.

On the other hand, my bp is 116/68 and my resting heart rate is 54 bpm.

2 comments:

Joe and Joanne said...

I'm sorry Kelly. I sympathize with the feeling defeated with the body. There are many aspects of mine that I work my butt off (literally...well, sort of - I wish it would fall off that is) to minimize and it seems to go nowhere.

I hope you do NOT have a faulty thyroid, but I also hope the doctor is able to find something that will help because you're right; it doesn't make sense that you're working so hard and not seeing improvement.

Fingers crossed and prayers coming your way!

Kelly said...

Aw, thanks Joanne. That really means a lot.