Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Challenge. Over!

Yesterday was Day 30 of my 30-Day Fitness Challenge and I only missed one day! That's right, at least 30 minutes of activity a day for 30 days. Well, 29 out of 30 days. I'm feeling okay about missing that one day since I was super sore and figured I needed to give my muscles a break.

I'm proud of myself for sticking to it. I'm flattered and excited by how many people have told me I've motivated them.

Yet, there's the disappointment of knowing I haven't lost any weight... In fact, I gained 1.2 pounds in the past 30 days. BUT, I might have lost a few inches. Finally! Actual movement! In a downward direction!

I lost about half an inch off my waist (for reals, not just me pulling the tape tight) and maybe a quarter inch off my hips (my birthing hips are always latecomers to this fat loss thing). Not major, but improvement. My thighs and calves are also definitely smaller.

Oh my gosh, though, if the loss if going to be this slow...The thought is exhausting. I'm hoping that this is actually just the beginning of a positive trend that will get faster the longer I do it.

On the positive side, in this past month, I've gotten stronger, I'm swimming faster and my resting heart rate has probably decreased by a couple of beats per minute.

We're going on a trip in a few days and when I get back I want to start another challenge, but I'm not sure what that challenge will be yet. Someone suggested P90X, but I think the plyometric cardio may be a bit rough on my heel. Maybe I'll focus more tightly on my diet this time. Any ideas?

Anyway, I'm just going to enjoy our trip and not think about this for a week and a half.

No comments: