Friday, May 13, 2011

Carb Creep

Sometimes I feel really frustrated. I hate that I can't seem to lose weight anymore. I'm frustrated by the pain in my heel (and the horror stories I hear from friends who suffer from plantar fasciitis. Wearing shoes in the shower! No more flip flops ever!)

Today is Day 19 of the Fitness Challenge and I haven't missed a day yet, despite having to replan my workouts when I overslept 2 days this week, including this morning.

Actually, that's not quite true. This morning I was just exhausted and made the executive decision to not go swimming. Instead I'm going to do Jillian Michaels's 30-Day Shred when I get home. I sort of forgot I owned that DVD until my friend Donna reminded me about it yesterday. I'll see how Jillian's jumping up and down cardio movements affect my heel. If it hurts too much, I'll just do the rest of the workout without the cardio, and maybe do it twice.

It's beautiful outside and I wish I could walk home, but I know that's just asking for trouble (and pain), so I won't.

I think part of my problem though is that even though I plan to eat low-carb, and I do eat lower carb than most people, I've allowed the simple carbs to creep back in. Brownie bites? Yes, please. Sugar cookies that I baked last night for a church activity tomorrow? Don't mind if I do. I'm logging them, I'm not ignoring them, but I'm still eating them.

So tomorrow I rededicate myself to getting the simple carbs out of my diet. I don't even know why I eat them. OK, I do love a good fudgey brownie, but I haven't had a really GOOD fudgey brownie in awhile. And I don't even really like sugar cookies. Seriously, if I'm going to have carbs, I'd rather it be in veggie form, like roasted broccoli or brussels sprouts (yes, I acknowledge I'm a weirdo).

Tomorrow, I swim and get back to eating the way that feels best!

No comments: