Saturday, January 02, 2010

Holiday Food

My in-laws are snackers. Meals aren't really a priority for them, but there are always snacks around. We've been here for a week and a half and I can officially say that I am over sugar for the immediate future.

So. Much. Sugar.

Peanut M&M's, cheesecake, chocolate cream pie, pecan pie, macadamia nut clusters. And on the savory side we've had fondue and raclette and artichoke dip and cheese balls and sandwiches with salami and provolone. It's all tasty but after so many days of eating such rich food, I'm about done. They bought stuff to make chocolate fondue on Christmas Eve and every night it's proposed as a possible dessert and everyone says no thanks because we've all had quite enough sweets during the rest of the day. I have 3 or 4 Lindt balls in my stocking and I can't work up any enthusiasm about eating them. I'll save them for a time when I feel like eating sugar again. Like March.

I am honestly craving the simple, healthy fare that I make at home. Vegetables sound amazing right now.

No comments: